How do I modify my iSUP to be kayak seat compatible?Updated 9 months ago
If you have an older model HS paddle board that is not kayak seat compatible, then you can make this modification following these basic guidelines.
1. You will need 4 D-rings and HS-66 vinyl cement repair glue. A green scrub pad can also be used at the points of adhesion to make the SUP material a little tacky for the best bond.
2. Glue the center of the top 2 D-rings about 56 inches down from the top of the board, just next to the traction pad on the PVC (not on the EVA traction pad).
3. Glue the center of the back 2 D-rings about 88 inches down from the top of the board, just next to the traction pad on the PVC (not on the EVA traction pad).
4. The top 2 D-rings should be approximately 32 inches apart from the back 2 D-rings.
5. Tape the D-rings down while the glue cures.
6. Once everything has fully dried (48 hours), you should be able to hook the kayak seat clips to those 4 attachment points and be seated in a position that's correctly centered on the board.
D-rings can be purchased here: